30 July 2010

Day 2 18M

Today we had 2.5 hour task with minimum distance over 300km so no chance to finish task on time .
I started early in group of four gliders . Cirrus was approaching from the west with some windows of blue sky.First turn turn area we reached low but found 1.5 m/s thermal and slowly with the wind went for second area with large deviation to the north , then very long glide to
250 meters AGL then slow climb to 700m and again long glide. After second turn area ,chances to get home were very small, full cover of thick cirrus and no Cu clouds. Finaly at 200m just above edge of town I was able to climb to 750m AGLwith 300m below final glide slope. I followed some frontal clouds and had some low sink, after steering point 10km from the airport I decided that I will land just short of airport but in finish cylinder. But area of low sink helped me again and I finished the task.
I moved in to first 10 after day two . Still 7 days to go and all can happen. Worlds are unpredictable, all can change and rotation of places is very frequent.
Jerzy

No comments:

Post a Comment