23 July 2010

Last Practice Day


Practice is behind us . I flew all three practice days to check the area and kind of condition in which we will be flying. Because of haze very often we don't see cloud ahead of us and it is a little guessing where to go next. I decided to buy Flarm because of poor visibility and 150 gliders flying in the same area . Today was my first day with Flarm and I was able to see gliders which I would not see without warning from Flarm.


I hope we will have Flarm in North America soon. I had problem with airspace file as Winpilot file had errors. I heard that new published file is clean , I hope it will work as should.


Willem helped me to set Clear Nav today and all works perfect.


Airspace is big issue here as every day different airspace is activated and it takes a lot of energy to set up all as should be. Tomorrow is non flying day which gives us time to make final adjustments to our gliders and instruments.


Serious racing starts on Sunday.


Jerzy

1 comment: