08 August 2011

Day 2

Yesterday was a typical Uvalde day with streets running through most of the task area.  A few of our task legs were not aligned with the streets and required a little bit of hopping from one to another.  I started with the US pack again today, and although I made different decision we met up every time my our streets joined.  A couple of the US guys found a good 8.5 kt climb early on and they were able to leap ahead of the pack and keep ahead.

My speed at 133 km/hr was slow for the day, netting me 13th place on the day.  I was able to put together some nice runs, but I think my thermal average is probably lower than the others.  I need to check that assumption when the flight logs are posted later.

I had a great final glide, starting 90 km out with 20 minutes left in the task.   I was able to cover the distance in 22 minutes at an average speed of 212 km/hr!  That leg helped bump up my task speed by a couple of points.
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment