14 August 2011

Day 8 - A Classic Uvalde Day

Today was the best and most classic Uvalde day of the contest.  My flight stats show 7% circling for the entire task of 615 km.  My last leg was 193 km in length and I made a total of 5 full circles on the glide.  When I turned at the back of the last turn area, the computer said I needed 17500 MSL to get home and I was at 7500 MSL.  Over the length of the leg, I was able to bump up the missing 10,000 ft and only stopped once for 3 turns in a crappy thermal where one of the open class gliders was circling.  I thought if it was one of the big-wingers, that he surely wouldn't be circling in crap, but he was.

My flight was good for third on the day at 143 km/hr.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to move out of 9th in the over-all standings, but with a score of around 95% vs first place, I am happy.

Tomorrow, we pack up the RV and start the 3 day trek back home.
 
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment