31 May 2012

300 Triangle

I flew another good day here in Cordele today.  The forecast called for better condfitions than yesterday and suggested the western half of the task area would be better than the east.

I declared a 325 triangle that went to the west.  At launch time, there was a nice looking street running to the NE, and the direction of the task was primarily blue.  I ran up to a turnpoint to the NE and then back to Cordele to kill some time before starting.

When I arrived back at Cordele, it still did not look as good on course as it did to the north, but I started and went south on task. I completed the task at 115 km/hr.  The condition to the south and  west were not as good as forecast, but to the north for the last 1/3 of the flight they were quite good.

Friday looks like a rain day, but then it gets good again for Saturday, the first official practice day.
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment