30 July 2014

HD First Four Contest Days

Last four days were full of  technical problems

On Day One ,one of the varios didn't work other was slow . Each day before flight and after I had hour and half to work on plumbing , no change very frustrating.

Day Two - we tried other configuration , none of varios worked .Flew without working  varios.

Day Three
One vario worked, but hard time to center didn't believe vario ,vario was right because thermals were very broken. After landing we found that there is no air in the  main wheel. Inner tube was fixed by some one before and patch gave up. Because of  fixed $ 20 tube I could  damage  $150,000 glider.
Leader of contest Karol Staryszak give us his spare. Unfortunately wrong size we  damaged it during filling with air .
Day Four
We found new tube today morning and installed . Pete Alexander from US team lend me his spare vario I was able to compare settings.
 At the same time based on instruction from Clear Nav Team I was able to sort out vario problem .

When I converted imperial polar numbers to metric I entered wrong number in polar and vario was giving wrong indications.

Vario worked today ,but pilot didn't I went in to restricted airspace 60 km from the start earned 60 points for the day .

I hope I used all possible bad luck credit :)
Jerzy

No comments:

Post a Comment