03 August 2014

Day 8 HD Landed Out

Today I had opportunity to adjust CG and finally I was able thermal as I like.
The weather was developing very fast and we could see thunderstorms building up on the  course. It was very dangerous flight as we flew just on the edge of thunderstorms with lighting  very close. to us .
After claiming first TP I flew on the back edge of thunderstorm, but not much lift and I was forced to start engine. Then I had to fly between two thunderstorm cells with lighting between them and in the rain.

I used up all my fuel and continued flight in the rain then  I landed  in farmer's field just 30km from Leszno.

Retrieve trip took 3 hours, if I would land at the place where I started engine retrieve would take more than six hours.

When we arrived at the airfield 80% of the gliders were still in the farmer.s fields.
I finished around 11place which is my best results in this contest and  I improved my over all position by couple spots.
Jerzy

No comments:

Post a Comment