02 August 2014

HD Home Depot Report

 I worked  yesterday on water valves as one of the valves was locking and I was losing water in one wing when I  adjusted water ballast during flight
After 5 hours of work I was able to seal  valve and it works now.
US Team calls my glider Home Depot and I think they are right as glider is my working project with parts from Tesco ( our Home Depot) I hope to finish my project before end of the Worlds.
The owner showed up today and was quite happy that some problem were solved as he was trying to fix valves for last two years.
Today task was short, but very challenging with poor lift and fake clouds and blue holes.
I was able to move couple spots ahead, but it is long way to go.
To many points lost in first 4 days.

 Every day when we finish there is cirrus over the field and no thermals .
The grain elevator is visible from long distance and it helps in navigation as there is no time to look at instrument panel due to heavy traffic of other gliders
Jerzy

No comments:

Post a Comment