07 August 2014

HD Report- Racing Task

 Today we had racing task.
Just before start Cu's were spreading out and I was forced to start as soon gate was opened, couple pilots took risk and waited extra 25 minutes and had better clouds to the first TP
I had good speed to first TP around 145km/h but after TP large gaggle of 15m, open class and 18m arrived in my thermal and hell broke lose.
Every pilot had own idea of centering thermal so end effect thermal was lost .
I didn't have other option as to fly with the group. It is very strange when gaggle flies trough 3m/s lift without turning and then stops in 1.5m/s thermal. Conditions on second leg were some times good, but we had only one good thermal rest of the thermals were weak.
Again we were couple times low, but climbed back . I had to go couple km past last TP to gain extra altitude for final glide which was on the blue without chance to gain altitude in case of miscalculation of final glide.
I hope I will fit in to first page of printed results in this contest :)

Jerzy

No comments:

Post a Comment